Hair Removal Treatments
GentlMax Pro Laser Hair Removal (For all skin types)
For permanent hair reduction, we have FDA-approved state of the art equipment that are effective, safe and painless for all skin types. The laser is operated by licensed medical aesthetician. Laser hair removal requires a series of treatments to reach the desired results. Number of recommended sessions depends upon individual factors including the area of the body, hair color, skin color and the hair growth cycle. Proper timing of treatments is essential for best results and can be discussed in a FREE CONSULTATION. Pricing available by consultation, packages available.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY TREATMENTS ?
- The treatment area needs to be shaved to skin level, although a days hair growth may be helpful so that the area that requires treatment is easily recognizable.
- You must avoid waxing, plucking, threading or electrolysis of the hair for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment. Hair needs to be at skin level in order for the laser to effectively destroy the hair follicle.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2weeks prior to treatment. Our lasers will work on most skin types, but the lighter you can allow your skin to get, the better and safer your skin is likely to be.
- Be sure that the treatment area is “squeaky clean” and has no makeup, oils, deodorant, creams, topical medications etc.
- Be certain that you are not on medications that cause photosensitivity or on acne medications such as Accutane, Retin-A etc, at present or within the past 6 months. These medications, and several others, may make your skin susceptible to damage from the laser. If in doubt, please ask us for a list of the said medications.
- Laser treatments for hair are not recommended if you are pregnant.
HOW TO CARE AND WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER MY TREATMENTS ?
- Avoid bathing or washing with very hot water – use cool or room temperature water. Wash gently and do not be abrasive with the treated area. Keep the area clean.
- For 24 hours avoid activities that may cause the treated areas to become warm, for example, exercising.
- Avoid any irritating soaps, scrubs, medications or chemicals. Examples of these are Retin-A, Benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid or astringents.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 1-2 weeks after treatment. Protect the area with a sunblock of higher than 50 SPF or else the skin may develop hyper-pigmentation /hypo-pigmentation marks. Make sure to re-apply sunblock throughout the day.
- The treated area may become red, inflamed, or even blistered within 30 minutes and, in rare instances, last several hours to several days. Swelling (edema) and itching may also occur. Regular application of Aloe Vera, ice, cooling gels, Aquaphor, Hydrocortisone or Antibiotic Ointment is important for relief.
- Hair will start to shed at around 2-3 weeks post treatment. NO tweezing, plucking, threading, or waxing or the treatment area during the course of treatments. However, you may shave any hairs that re-grow.
- Generally it is best to wait 4- 6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to scheduling your visits closer together even if you do not see immediate results. The laser only targets hair in the growth phase. The next growth phase is generally in 4-6 weeks.